Sunday, June 22, 2014

DIY Centerpiece/Decor Using Styrofoam Balls & Cheap Craft Supplies

This DIY project is so simple to make and can really be made from things most people already have around their home.  I did have to purchase the styrofoam balls ( got them at Wal-Mart for around $5. ) But everything else I already had on hand.



Supplies I Used:




  • 1 Package large styrofoam balls
  • 1 Package small styrofoam balls
  • Fabric
  • Tacks
  • Yarn and/or Twine
  • Hot glue gun
To wrap styrofoam with fabric:
I started by cutting scrap pieces of fabric I had left over from a previous project.  I cut them into strips. No certain length or width.  


I placed a dot of hot glue onto the styrofoam and wrapped each piece around, putting hot glue onto the end, and overlapping each piece.





To wrap styrofoam with yarn:
I placed a dab of hot glue on the ball in the middle.  I started to wrap the ball, going upwards, placing hot glue every few strands so it would be tightly woven together.  



When i finished at the top, I placed another dab of hot glue.  Then starting underneath where I first began, I started wrapping again until I finished at the other end of the styrofoam.  


I also wrapped them with yarn overlapping, just as I did with the fabric.  


To apply tacks:
Simply push in tacks, overlapping slightly. 



You can see me in the tacks. Oh, hey there! :)

And that's it! Just place them in a vase, on a decorative plate, or in a glass bowl and you have a cute centerpiece that is simple to make and very inexpensive.






No comments:

Post a Comment