Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Delicious Way to Start Your Day- Chocolate/Strawberry/Banana Smoothie

Kicking off my "experimental" eating plan, I thought I'd share some recipes over the next few weeks.  I'll be sharing my meal plans, recipes, and possibly my workout regimen to hopefully give some inspiration or ideas to people who, like myself, need to lose some weight the healthy way.

Today I kicked off my day with this super yummy smoothie.  It has the right balance of calories, fat, and protein.  And best of all, it tastes awesome!  And most of the ingredients you probably already have on hand.  And if you don't, no worries!  A little improvising or simply leaving out certain ingredients is okay.  I'm thinking it will be delicious no matter what!



Ingredients:

  • 1/2 banana
  • 4 strawberries
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 tsp. raw honey
  • 1 Tbsp. PB2 ( can use regular peanut butter )
  • 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder ( can use 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder )
  • Handful of ice

Directions:

Add ingredients into a blender.  Blend until smooth.

Enjoy!



Nutrition Information:
Fat: 5g
Calories: 271
Protein: 21g

*If you switch out the PB2 or protein powder, that will change the nutrition value*

No comments:

Post a Comment