Friday, August 29, 2014

Quick and Healthy Lunch-Cottage Cheese Topped Sweet Potato

Okay, so I will admit this.  After a while, I get bored of eating the same old thing.  Vegetables, chicken, ground turkey, fruit, repeat.  That's what my days consist of.  But once in a while I'll throw a little change into the mix, and something quickly becomes one of my favorite dishes.  That was the case with this sweet potato.

After a workout, I like to eat something that is high in protein to feed my muscles but I also like to incorporate some type of complex carb as well.  This was perfect for that AND it tastes delicious.  It kind of reminds me a little of fall because of the cinnamon taste.  But of course, my happy fall mood was ruined when I walked outside to 98 degree weather.  But that discussion is for another day…

This quick and easy dish is perfect for lunch, as a high protein side, or for a simple pick me up post workout snack.



Ingredients:


  • 1 Sweet potato
  • 1/2 Cup cottage cheese
  • 1 tsp. Ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 Tbsp. honey


Directions:

Cook your sweet potato in the microwave or oven until soft.  Cut open.

Top with cottage cheese.

Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with honey.

Enjoy!

Optional: You can also sprinkle some walnuts on top for a healthy and satisfying crunch!




Nutrition Information:
223 Calories
3g Fat
34 Carbs
12g Protein


No comments:

Post a Comment