Sunday, December 28, 2014

Our Snowman Dinner



I wanted to post about our snowman dinner a few days ago, but with the holidays being here and wrapping everything up (pun intended) I just couldn't find enough time in the day to sit and blog about it.

Now with the holidays over and New Year's Eve quickly approaching, I have finally found a moment to catch my breath and share it here.

Last year, I planned a grinch dinner (which you can see HERE) but this year I wanted to do something a little different.

Side Note: If you check out my grinch dinner, apparently collage making was all the rage last year because I don't have one.single.picture.  

Anyway, I wanted our dinner to be just as special as the grinch dinner but with an entirely different theme.  So I looked through our Christmas movies and came across the idea to do a snowman themed dinner and finish off the night by watching Frosty the Snowman.

I searched all over for a snowman themed dinner but couldn't find anything.  So I just tried to create all different types of snowman themed food and smash them together to make one dinner theme.  I think it worked!

Our "main course" was a simple and delicious snowman pizza.

 Complete with olive eyes and a mouth, an orange pepper nose, and a bacon scarf.



For the dessert I made Snowflake Crunch Popcorn (you can find the recipe HERE)




 and I made these adorable snowman cupcakes that were almost too cute to eat.  Almost.



And to wash everything down, I made some White Chocolate Snowflake Cocoa (you can find the recipe HERE).




I think everything tied together very well and there was little preparation I had to do for this dinner.

Everything was kept fairly simple but the excitement of my kids was above and beyond.  What more can you want?  Little work and big smiles. Awesomeness.

I kept the decor pretty simple with a blue and white winter theme.


Download my Frosty Printable HERE








 You can download my Frosty the Doughman Label HERE





Hope everyone had a great Christmas and sending warm wishes for a happy new year!



No comments:

Post a Comment